Thread: Ollie has LP
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 04:44 AM   #8
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

MOST yorkies have LP. I personally don't give it much thought. I don't give supplements because I have never seen any improvement from them. They certainly will not stop the improper movement of the knee that causes the wear and tear on the ligament. If you have a young dog, sometimes surgery is advised but once they are older it is not recommended because you can repair that knee and a few months later end up with a torn ligament anyway. Hard on the dog and hard on the pocketbook. I have a yorkie who will be 15 in June and he has had LP forever....I honestly thought he would have torn a ligament long ago because his knees were so loose. My Cookie tore hers years ago and it was totally unexpected. We don't have a crystal ball and I just choose to focus on positive....

All yorkies and other small dogs should be prevented from jumping up and off of furniture. Best to start them out with stairs and ramps from the beginning. There are other risks from jumping off of furniture such as fractures.

Last edited by ladyjane; 03-27-2021 at 04:46 AM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!