Thread: Ollie has LP
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

When we got our sweet boy, Beauregarde the poodle, we took him for a thorough vet check within 24 hours. Our vet declared him unfit for sale due to the serious nature of his LP. We found out that he had, in fact, been returned by two other families due to this condition. Since we fell in love with him at first sight, we negotiated an extended health guarantee, and decided to keep him. We were mindful and never let him jump on/off of furniture, etc., and he lived until 13 without needing surgery. My little Gus started showing signs of problems at about 2 years, and we are watching him...now that I knew the early signs, I pointed out during a vet visit how loose his joints feel when I bathe him and the vet confirmed. As a puppy he was my wild child, and jumped from one couch to the other before I could deter him...now, at five, we have trained him to let us pick him up.

I am sorry that Ollie is facing this challenge, but know that he will have a long, happy life with a Mommy who will be there to provide any care that he needs along the way!

(((hugs)))
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!