Thread: Ollie has LP
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #2
Bella7808
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm glad you mentioned about LP. When Bella had her annual check up last summer (2 yrs old), I learned she had early signs of LP. The vet told me this or I wouldn't have known and I became concerned. However she walks well and runs fast in the field when chasing after squirrels on the leash. We do try to discourage her from running up the house stairs, which she always frequently did before on her own. We bought a wooden dog gate and put it in front of the stairs. I hoped it would help minimize her joints from getting worse by running upstairs. We only needed to use the gate for about 2 months and removed it. Now she knows it's forbidden to go up on her own. She waits for us and we carry her upstairs when we go up. I'm hoping to stop her from getting more serious symptoms with LP and not have to do surgery as she gets older since I know she has a possible risk.

Our vet prescribed Joint Gold Glucosamine powder by UBAVET as a preventative and maintenance. It promotes optimal growth and development of the musculo-skeletal system joints, helps support bone health and function of joints, supports renal and cardiovascular functions. Also helps the maintenance of a healthy skin and coat. The combination of all the ingredients provides the necessary benefits to help maintain joint mobility. Sorry I'm not advertising this, I'm just reading the label on the back. It's sold in Canada. But I think you can get any kind of Glucosamine powder prescribed by your vet to maintain joint mobility.

I haven't started it on her as yet but I should soon. Right now she's turned into a very picky eater and only eats 1 or 2 x a day and usually it's late at night when she eats. I use to free feed her and she didn't eat much then. I have to figure out when to add the powder and it's frustrating because I don't know when she will eat or not, sigh. Just sharing.
Bella7808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!