View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #9
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Dog View Post
Thanks to everyone! My husband & I, as well as little sis Mia, have been blessed to have a long time with Cali. She is 15 years old. She has had only one other medical issue which was major and chronicled here:

https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/si...back-legs.html

Other than that, she's only had hypothyroidism due to age. Again, we are lucky and she has absolutely been a joy in our life.

For those who may have mentioned: she is supposed to have an echo today and will be seen by cardiologist tonight so we will know how bad her heart is. This will help us know if we should fight hard to give her a little longer or if we are closer to the end.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to handle her sister should we need to assist Cali to a peaceful rest? I just hate even thinking about this.

Thank you to all the responses!
I am sorry I can't help with the CHF but I would like to give my opinion on your last question. When I was researching grieving by the dogs siblings after one dies when my Callie passed I read several times how it helps them to understand a little better if they are there and can see them passed away. I actually wished I had done something like that or at least took my now oldest Joey with us because he had and is still having some issues because he was so close to Callie. In the future I think I will try possibly doing it at home or at least involving the whole pack in hopes it helps.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!