Thread: Yorkie colors
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #1
Bluebells
YT Addict

Default Yorkie colors

This is just a “general information” question. I’m not looking to buy another yorkie, and I’m not interested in breeding.

Anyway, a few days ago, while I was playing around with google, I stumbled across an ad (asking price thousands of dollars) for a (very young) female yorkie puppy. The ad said the puppy is purebred, although it didn’t mention her being registered. What struck me as really odd though, is that the ad said the puppy “carries 15 different colors.”

I know there are normal (black and tan fading to blue and tan), chocolate and parti yorkies. And I’ve heard of gold, white, black & white, and black yorkies — although I don’t know whether the more rare colors are really purebred or are recognized by the AKC. But I can’t, for the life of me, visualize 15 different yorkie colors.

I kind of figure this was an ad by someone who isn’t a reputable breeder, but I’m still curious. How many “rare colors” of purebred yorkies actually exist?

Also, wondering this brought up another question. Does the fading gene in yorkies affect other colors the way it affects black & tan pups? In other words, does the black in parti yorkies fade to blue, or does it stay black?

Again, these are just questions I’m curious about.
Bluebells is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!