View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebells View Post
I don’t know that it gets easier over time, but it does get ... different. The raw feelings fade; it gets easier to remember the good times without the sharp pangs of loss. You never forget, of course, and you wouldn’t want to forget. You do stop thinking about it every day, though.

I know it’s hard, but try not to torture yourself by second guessing your decision to end Callie’s suffering. She was uncomfortable. She couldn’t digest her food and was losing too much weight. She knew — in the strange way that animals seem to know — that her time was up. She didn’t think you gave up on her, she just knew that your arms and your love surrounded her while the pain left her body.
We lost our Beau in the beginning of the year, and I do not think of him everyday, but do still have vivid dreams and wake up questioning the timing of our decision. Thank you for summing up all of the reasons that we knew it was time...but after the fact the loss sometimes brings guilt/regret. Beau left us calmly, and pain-free. We stayed with him, stroking and kissing him, and he was surrounded by love as he crossed the rainbow bridge. I am thankful that we are now at the point in our grief that we can miss him, but also look back and laugh at how silly he could be, and celebrate all of the wonderful times we had. I have not yet changed my profile pictures, and am not sure that I will. I love seeing my boys all cuddled together, and he is still with us in spirit.

There is no magic cure, or time table to grieving. Take your time Taylor, and do not worry what others may think.

Last edited by nanajoy; 08-08-2020 at 12:20 PM.
nanajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!