Thread: Please Help!!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 03:10 PM   #2
Bluebells
YT Addict

It you’re reasonably sure there is no new medical issue, I would equate this to a human with stress induced irritable bowel syndrome. In other words, a stressful situation (a loud store, the groomer, a new floor — which probably didn’t appear silently during the night but involved several days of strangers and noise) causes the need to have a bowel movement.

Even though your pup has been potty trained for a while, I would guess the best solution would be to return temporarily to potty training habits: confining him to a pen or crate, frequent trips outside, rewards for pottying in the right place. And you will probably need to keep that up through the time the new floor is installed and for a while afterwards. I wouldn’t think it would take too long after the new floor is in, just long enough for the stress to dissipate and for him to adjust to the new normal.

One other thing you should consider: some new floor coverings come with strong chemical odors that can be annoying or nauseating to animals. Those generally dissipate over time, too, but they can cause problems for sensitive systems until they do. If that’s the issue, you’ll want to keep him away from the new floor until it’s safe for him.
Bluebells is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!