View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Vet frustrations

I figured y’all would understand this more then some of my friends. Well right now you can’t go in the vets office but they are not coming out to get them either. There is a small room like thing at my vets office where you go into it through a door from outside and then take a few steps and you open another door to go into the the waiting area. Well they have you put your pet in there and leave them and they come and get them. This was not a huge deal when Joey and Penny went to get their vaccines because they are well adjusted and had each other. Well in a week and a half Ollie has to get his bordatella. I can not leave Ollie like that. He is very timid and easy frightened. I have spent lots of money at the trainer and a lot of time getting him to a functioning level when we are out and he is completely fine at home but shuts down at the vet. It will terrify him to leave him in that room like that. I’m going to talk to them when it gets closer to see if they are letting people in yet or if they can send someone out to take him. If they can’t I will just hold off. It’s not like there are any pet events happening which is the main reason I get it. If it does become an issue I can go buy bordatella at the farm store and give it to him if I have too. I just can’t risk that set back and or destroy him like that. One of the receptionist at the vets office shared a thing on her Facebook saying if you don’t trust your vet enough to send your pet in without you then you need a new vet. It kind of ticked me off because you don’t expect a child or baby to go into the doctors office alone so why a helpless animal who can’t tell you if something happened would be ok. And for the record I don’t trust anyone 100% with my babies. Frustrating. He is due for Lyme in July so hopefully things will be better by then.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!