View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #1
PGPIS
Yorkie Talker

Default My Yorkie is here!

I got my yorkie yesterday, and he is just the cutest thing. his 3 months and his name is Munchkin. my girls love hi, and my dog Max (lab) likes him but is ot to sure how to play with him yet. he jumps around and pushes munchkin with his nose but that's about it. munchkin wanted to play with max and tried barking, that was just the cutest thing sense it's such a lil bark, more like a cough. max ran around the house trying to figure out who made that noise, even though munchkin was right in front of him, I guess he could't belive the lil one was barking, well when it happend again, max let out a loud bark and munchking ran as fast as his lil legs would take him to hide, LOL.
The only promble we are having is the potty thing. I layed out some newspaper and pee pad in the livingroom corner and he will go anywhere but there. and I need to take him to get trimmed cause everything is getting stuck after he goes. I don't know if I should do it today, cause he came from Brazil, all the way to FL, so he was on 2 long flights and the new home and new kids and an older dog and all, I can see how it can be overwhelming.
Do you think it would be ok? How do I leash train him, so we can go on walks? He has a vet apt on monday and that's when I'm planning on getting him microchiped so I hope all goes well.
Also sense it's spring break my girls are bucking me to take them to the zoo nd beach, the zoo said they have kennels for dogs to stay in, anybody every did this, is it ok to do that for a young dog like mine, and what about the beach?
I know that's alot of Q, just new to the yorkie thing and hope I can get some help.
TIA
Patricia
PGPIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!