Thread: Dandruff
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 07:24 PM   #7
guliverandmaya
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_and_Me View Post
Mike used to have dry flaky skin last year but not anymore. Maybe this helps.
I only bathe him when necessary, in summer it's once a week to 10 days. Once the temperature drops - once in a month, sometimes even up to 6 weeks. I only wash his face and head weekly with shampoo.
When I bathe him I put a little shampoo in a plastic shaker bottle, add water and shake it to create foam/bubbles. I wash him with the bubbles instead of putting shampoo directly onto his skin. This prevents shampoo overuse and requires less rinsing as well. I do the same with conditioner - mix it with water, shake well and pour it all over his back. Massage it into the hair and skin, rinse.
For daily use I use diy spray conditioner - water, shea butter, coconut oil, a tad of sweet almond oil and few drops of lavender essential oil (make sure your pup is not allergic to any of it). It helps with long hair detangling as well as good for skin.
Lots of good ideas. Thanks so much
I also don’t put the shampoo directly onto her body, I put some on my hand and let it drop on her with the water. Do you think it’s a puppy phase because her hair is changing?
guliverandmaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!