View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #20
ladyroxy2006
No Longer a Member

Teeth Yorkies are a handful....

It's been awhile since I owned a dog and this is my first Yorkie and she does similar things when she wakes up she wants me to get up even if it's 5 am and she will bark and cry till I get up. I realized she started to do it less when she learned I wasn't giving in. I would get up and put her in her little bed and we would do this a couple of times till she realized I wasn't gonna play with her and she has started to just stay in her bed I think with repatition these doggies get it. I mean she does so much and she is only 2 months. She sits on command and lays down on command we are working on giving paw. U should make a time in the day or night where u can play with her one on one so she gets used to knowing that is yours and hers personal play time. She has to understand the difference between play time and rest time like any doggie. Boy do these little ones have an attitude if my little Roxy wants my attention and I can't give it to her she growls and runs in to my leg lol it's amusing she is persistant, but we are working on our understanding just try to give her "u and her time". When she doesn't want to stop barking give her a time out room or corner. When she quiets down bring her for a treat or play time. Oh my goodness u can't forget toys lots of em!!! My little Roxy can chew chew chew its like amazing but I just bought her toys of all kinds and bones she has temptation all around her from the couch to the t.v. but if I see her starting to chew on something she shouldn't I just correct her by telling her nnnoooo and give her a doggie toy. We are still working on it but she is getting the point little by little. The pee pee training was easy she pees on the pads I keep out two of em and the going number 2 everywhere is harder but she is learning little by little. They need guidence and attention and plenty of play to make em tired at night lol.

Good Luck!!! I need some here
ladyroxy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!