View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Recheck the video online of the Smooth Fox Terrier BIB judging, at about 26:18, the male judge in glasses invites two handlers to bring their two males to the center of the ring where they briefly face off nose-to-nose. The smooth fox terrier on the right of the screen seems, from that quick interaction, much more interested in the other dog, eager to find out about him, more socially skilled and well-balanced than the one on the left, is friendly and makes friendly overtures while the other seems diffident, briefly looks away, backs up a bit. I, too, would choose him over the other in a dog show of this type.

It's clearly a quick test of the two dog's terrier temperament and social behavior skills. Very interesting segment and in that voice over, I found out it's apparently not that uncommon in the terrier show ring. And that there is a common sense term for it(here I stop to think bad thoughts about my deleting that video).

Clearly, the judge found out what he needed to from just that brief encounter. as he picked the dog on the right as Best In Breed immediately after that encounter. I just found that bit of insight really intersting about quickly judging between two dogs' temperment or whatever. STILL can't recall that d$%& term is!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3WsL-YkS0o
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!