View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Red face Term Used in FS2 Best In Breed Judging Westminster Dog Show Day 1

I need some help with a dog show judging term. I was watching a Best of Breed judging during the day yesterday on FS2(FoxSports2HD) channel during what I think was the judging for the Smooth Fox Terrier but can't recall for sure the breed - think it was a terrier breed - could even have been the Yorkies.

I think I recall the judge was deciding between two male dogs and had their handlers bring them out of line together facing one another in close proximity, apparently for the purpose of seeing how each of them reacted to the other. Two of the judges acting as commentators on the show for FS2, used a term for having the 2 males face off and I can't recall what it was. Said this was a frequently used practice in judging male terriers and even Chihuahuas to see which dog seemed to show more interest in the other, apparently intending to show each terrier's level of fearlessness or spunk, yet without any aggression toward the other dog. The female commentator seemed to intimate that with Chihuahuas this judging practice could start a fight but the other commenter sort of talked over her and I couldn't get her full meaning.

Anyway, there was a term for the face-off or sizing-up type challenge during the judging and can't for the life of me remember what it was. I want to say the term started with an "S" but just can't remember. Whatever the term was, it seemed most appropriate for what I took to apparently having 2 males separated from the other contenders for the purpose of judging each dog's temperament when confronting another dog in close quarters.

Anybody remember the term or see the show? I can't find the BIB of the Smooth Fox Terrier or the Yorkies of the FS2 actual replay of their 2-10-2020 broadcast with commentation by their hired talent so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by yorkietalkjilly; 02-11-2020 at 03:20 PM.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!