Thread: Reminder
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:44 AM   #6
Marna1957
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
You're doing an excellent job at training at an early age.

These yorkies are very smart and learn quickly, quicker if they are food motivated like my kid is. Ppl just have to put the time in to teach and train. Cody was 2 1/2 when I got him. I saw how smart he was when I first got him, example, day one, I took him to the yard to introduce him to FREEDOM, run loose without leash, all the time telling him to make pee pee, not knowing what words were used by prev. owner. When he peed I clapped my hands and made a big fuss saying over and over Cody made a pee pee, then he would run into the house, I would call him back out and say Cody make poo poo, again not knowing what the prev. called that, out he would come and make a poop, more clapping and high happy praise. Later in the day of 1st day home with me I take him out again saying Cody make pee pee, he pees I praise and he runs in the house again, I called him out saying you forgot to poo poo and he poops lol. Then I started with basic commands, he learned one command every day with spending just 5 to 7 minutes through out the day. In 10 days he learned all command and a few tricks all for that one little treat reward.
That love to learn and please up but you have to put the time in. They are very smart and cunning lol lol.

Dogs learn FAR more than most people give them credit for.....
GOOOOOOD BOOOOOOY COOOOODY! Ha Ha

And I LOVE 'go potty' training dogs.....SO CONVENIENT! Not only for traveling, but when raining, or I am in a hurry or.....

Katy has this down pretty well. But. <winks and laughs> She also now knows that her walk is over when I ask, so now? I ask for the, 'go potty', and keep walking her, so that on those days I REALLLLLY need her to hurry, she trusts me......
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!