View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Hi and welcome to YorkieTalk. I wish it was under better circumstances I read your thread last night but decided to think about it before I said anything. I just want to let you know that I had an older Yorkie and I fed her on a senior diet but she didn’t do well on it at all. After about a year she just got real lethargic and sluggish so I switched her back to a regular diet not high-performance or anything and I noticed a big change toward the good.She was more active and coherent and I really believe that it was due to the diet at that time.
I agree with Joy, about quality-of-life issues and you sound like you are very in tune with your Yorkie so maybe you do not mention her age when you go to the next vet like you found her and you think she’s around 15 or so, maybe then they would be more willing to treat her disease instead of just writing her off. I’ll probably get blasted for saying that but I think there may be some kind of cultural differences between our two countries because I believe over here you could probably find any number of vets who would be willing to treat her at 17 years of age. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!