View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking to lose our beloved pups. If two vets say there is no way to save her, I think you really need to listen.

I once went way overboard with a renal failure pup. Of course I thought I was helping him, but in the end I believe he suffered longer than he should have. His photo is at my bedside and I speak to him often and tell him how sorry I am that he felt so sick. I know in my heart I thought I was helping and I am sure he knows...but I can tell you this: I will never push hard like that again. I WISH someone had told me he had no chance .. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say it was way too much.

17 is very old for a yorkie...you are, in my opinion, very fortunate to have had her so long!

I don't wish to tell you what to do. I am only going to say that you need to search deep within yourself. Are you doing this for her or for you? If you let her go on and she suffers and starts having seizures or dies, will you be ok knowing how badly she felt during her last days. I personally would rather take them to my vet and let them go peacefully....but, that is just me. You have to do what you think is best.

I will keep you in my thoughts. I wish you well...again I am so sorry. So hard.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!