View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
Scot1888
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoy View Post
I am so sorry for you, and your beloved Lady. I am familiar with kidney disease, as our first yorkie mix, Elmo, developed it at age 11. He had a rapid weight loss, and became lethargic, and our vet recommended prescription food and IV fluids. We implemented the treatment, but poor Elmo was miserable. He hated the food, and I had to sit on the floor with him and spoon feed him little bits at a time. He looked at me each mealtime with very sad eyes, but ate it merely to please me. He tolerated the IV treatment bravely every two-three days, and took his meds, but he continued to fail. He was unhappy, becoming weaker by the day, and we decided to let him go back to his "old life". He ate his favorite foods and spent the last few days of his life happily cuddling with us and with his older brother. They had two more days to snuggle and spend time together, then he fell over when we took him for a walk. We took him to the vet, and gave him a peaceful end to his suffering. It was heartbreaking to decide to let him go, but we truly felt that it was his time to say goodbye.
Thank you a lot. I'm really sorry to hear about Elmo, that sounds awful and I can relate a lot to you right now. It really is a vicious disease which comes out of nowhere and that makes it all the more heartbreaking.

We have received a phosphate binder iPakitine it's called here in the UK and since yesterday she is eating her food with no fuss with this in it and is a lot more active today as in she is getting up and walking around the house going to her regular spots, etc. Just more perkier than what we've seen her over the past week which is really comforting to see.

The vet's we seen are just looking at her and aren't even willing to discuss any other possibility other than euthanize which I'm not allowing to happen right now as we see her 24/7, they seen her for 10 minutes and cannot possibly know how she is acting in the grand scheme of things.

May try another vet who will actually be willing to give out Lady the fluids she needs to be able to manage this because let me tell you this dog is not a quitter.
Scot1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!