View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktowny View Post
I agree about the tiny 3lb dog, but not about the 15lb dog. They can be safe if the doggie learns right away (and smart dogs do!!!). Even my sweet but not-the-smartestts golden retreiver figured it out immediatelly many years ago and got to play accross a much bigger yard because of it. Graanted she couldnt be eaten by hawks and owls and foxes and coyotes. A 15lb dog is reallly different than a 3lbs dog (5X---Imagine if you knew someone 5x the size/wieght of you!!!)

If they keep running at the fence and getting zapped (as a big dog), well i would not let that continue but it was an OK try. As a tiny dog it cant handle this and its not right and not the way to go at all.
It doesn’t keep other animals out whether it’s other dogs, bears, coyotes and even people up to no good. Terriers are hunters and many will take the shock to go after the hunt or for a number of other things. 15 pounds is still small enough to be eaten by certain animals and messed up by hawks or owls or any number of animals. No animal should be shocked let alone a small dog even at 15 pounds. 15 pounds is still a small dog.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!