View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktowny View Post
I agree about the tiny 3lb dog, but not about the 15lb dog. They can be safe if the doggie learns right away (and smart dogs do!!!). Even my sweet but not-the-smartestts golden retreiver figured it out immediatelly many years ago and got to play accross a much bigger yard because of it. Graanted she couldnt be eaten by hawks and owls and foxes and coyotes. A 15lb dog is reallly different than a 3lbs dog (5X---Imagine if you knew someone 5x the size/wieght of you!!!)

If they keep running at the fence and getting zapped (as a big dog), well i would not let that continue but it was an OK try. As a tiny dog it cant handle this and its not right and not the way to go at all.
You're not getting the gist of why wireless fences are not safe. The dog that is with-in this fence wears a shock collar that keeps him inside the wireless area, other dogs and animals can get in because they do not have a shock collar on and reason a wireless fence is not safe for any size dog. If you have a medium size dog with shock collar on and a larger dog enters a fight can pursue, the dog with the shock collar cannot get out of the wireless fence area and flee to safety, that dog can get killed by the larger one.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!