View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #55
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marna1957 View Post
It is funny to me, that you are 'disturbed' by what and what I am not reading. That to you, I am not worthy because I have not fallen all over your 'research'.

Crap is written on the Internet every single day. Not all of it is worth a grain of salt.

I am amazed that in Today's World people get degrees based on 'book knowledge' rather than hands on experience.

I'll take this 'Training Ways' further.....this will probably FLIP YOUR LID! I do NOT like Clicker Training one bit! There are 'experts' out there who make all sorts of claims about how much better Clicker Training is than other ways..... <sneezes.....bull....shee....tt...> Wanna know why.....here is a research page for you, https://workinggermanshepherddogs.com/?id=582 ....scroll down til you find the photos of clickers. BTW, that is ONE of MY animal training websites, PLEASE also visit, on that site, my Obedience Page as well as My Trick Training page. You might just find I might know just a bit about training animals.....be sure to see the Guinea Pig video on the Trick Training page....yes, mine also. Check the Navigation Bar at the side, see the Animal Training Sites? Mine. Everyone of them, mine. I have been training, I mean really truly training, animals since I was 6 y/o.

As I have said before: "What works for one person with their animals, may or may not work for another with their animals."

When people come to these forums and ask for help, as this thread started, I have found that trying to help them, not arguing and worrying about how others are reaching the same goal is the POINT! Not worrying about or being disturbed by what others are reading or not reading. Not judging what the person may or may not have done to get to the point of asking for help, but taking them from the ask forward as best we can.
No what disturbed me is you not wanting to further your education whether you read my research article or different ones it is a fact that the alpha training theory has been debunked it is simply NOT an opinion. Just because you have been doing something for a long time does not mean you are necessarily good at it. Like I said if you are not willing to expand your knowledge with new studies and new facts that come out then you can not better yourself as a trainer. Telling people they need to be alpha is dangerous and trying dogs with the alpha theory is also dangerous because it can really destroy and dog and it rather mean. Am I saying you don't need to be in charge and make sure your dogs know you are the one to listen to absolutely not. I am saying alpha theory has simply been debunked and that it can do much more harm then any good which is shown by the poor dog this post is about.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!