View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:13 PM   #53
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I’m not disagreeing with that at all I’m just disagreeing with the alpha stance. I don’t think people realize how abusive some of the alpha training is to dogs like the whole hold your dog flipped over on its back until it stops wiggling or trying to get away. I’m not saying you don’t need to be in charge at all. I hope you don’t agree with them refusing to read and learn why the alpha theory doesn’t work and has been debunked. Being the “alpha” and being the one in charge are very very different.
I read every thing because ya never know, there could be some thing new that I may be able to put to use. I don't know anything about "alpha training" but I will say this, if I had my dog in a training session and the trainer put my dog on his back and held him down, I would be taken out in hand cuffs. I would never put my dog in a submissive position.

You cannot condemn someone for not wanting to read something. I use the word alpha and pack leader all the time, that does not mean I use alpha tactics in my training program. In a group such as YT, it's just a word used meaning the human is in charge. We all have our own way of training our dogs, if it works for you then you stick to what works, not every dog can be trained the same way and you have to accept that. As long as positive training is being used. In the case of Whimsy I agree with you, that poor dog was destroyed with negative, abusive training by many different trainers. You have to trust your trainer. When you have never been a dog owner you don't know what negative training is, you do as the trainer teaches you. If a member refuses to read an article because they have been successful with their training program you should not frown upon that. Remember, that link may help others.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!