Marna1957
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
and a bigger

Consistency is the key word.

EXACTLY! AND! INDEED!

And WE as humans/owners are the ones that FAIL that Consistency! Dang It! Ha Ha

Raising, Caring for, an animal is much like human children.....if you let go of the Leash, and they get away from you, many times you have to Run to TRY to put your hands on that Leash again!

It's that every day, every single day, Get Off Your Butt and Work With YOUR Animals (children) that we Humans seem to get LAZY at!

If not getting on the couch was wrong yesterday, it is wrong today and tomorrow and always. If not jumping on people is wrong as an adult dog.....TEACH THIS AS SOON AS THE PUPPY COMES HOME WITH YOU. (not yelling, just trying to make a point)

Far too many owners/parents use the words, "He/She does not like it.". Life is FULL of 'does not like its.' for ALL of us!, ey?

An example.....the puppy that never learns to walk on a leash because the owner, at the time, did not take the time to teach the basics correctly! Or the owner who only walks their dog where the dog wants to go.....because, "He/She won't come with me.".

I will say too though, that in Today's World, people are not being raised owning animals. From my generation back, we were. Many of us not only pets, but also livestock. If a person is not raised with animals it does not come natural for them to Train.....some people, it does, or they learn, but most of today's young owners have no idea what to do with an animal....
Marna1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!