View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 11:56 PM   #18
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
For appox. 4 1/2 years he's been eating Wellness Core grain free, reduced fat for adults, he loves it. In Nov. Cody had to see the vet, I bought in a empty bag of Wellness for vet to see, vet tells me get him off grain free. [FONT=&quot]The concern is that Grain Free Diets may lead to taurine deficiency and that taurine deficiency has been linked to Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) in dogs.
Welness Core is in several complaints filed to FDA but they didn't make the list of brands in the report, perhaps the complains were filed after the initial report publishing. Your example shows that it's important to check in with a vet you trust form time to time even if you've been feeding the same food for years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
He is my first boy, my girls never stunk, so I am thinking it's a boy dog thing. 2 weeks into the transition I realize he doesn't stink, as of Jan. 6th he is on the new regular food and no more stink whoopie.......
I can vouch that some boys don't stink Mike took weekly baths in summer but once crazy temps went down since October it's a bath once every 4-5 weeks or so. I do wash his face/head more often since he has a longer beard and ponytail and things from outside and food gets there but no body odor I didn't think it can be food related.
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!