View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Jeanie, it is good to see you here. I know you are hurting, and will probably always hurt. I have a lot I would like to say, but I don't want to cause more pain. Just know that I believe you are truly a hero for putting your feeling aside and making what you believe was the right choice for your beloved Tibbe. Sending healing and
Thank you for the kindness though I'm far, far from a hero. I'm not so sensitive now, just can't revisit that awful thread but I can hear talk about and talk about Tibbe myself now on an intellectual level, certainly not the heart level yet, knowing he's happily active again! No Yorkielover could look at their baby dog wanting for his fun, active, happy lifestyle and not being able to live it and realize he was being deprived, and about to start settling for that; and refuse to act for his well-being. He's been raised to be self-sufficient, independent and happy-natured and he's a little survivor. He has to have structured activities or he'll grow old far too soon. I've seen the dogs of old people have to do that and can't stand to see it if the dog is a working dog at heart, still able and wanting to live an active, funloving lifestyle working and training, if only his owner were up to it. Many of their dogs eventually just give up to that sedentary lifestyle out of frustration.

Tibbe will do fine as long as he's with somebody who can keep up with him, indulge his daily need to actively work during the day and perform for happy praise and the occasional treat until he himself chooses to slow down. He's like those highly-motivated military working dogs, ALWAYS pushing you for work/training, games, always driving you to teach him new skills and living for the praise and attention and his "paycheck" treat in the process and sad when he couldn't get to work much. He lives for working and training, having fun searching out, figuring out things and finding them, staying a step ahead of his trainer, showing off his smarts to his audience, being a natural star. He's got that back now, bless his little heart, and it is so good to know that my little star is active and shining again.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!