View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #11
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenB72 View Post
I realize this original post is old, but what is described is my exact situation. Living in an apartment with a 9 week old puppy that is extremely loud and has a fit in both her play pen and her crate. I cannot let her do it because my complex does not normally allow dogs, but she is an ESA, so she is an exception, but they cannotcreate excess noise or else. I live on the top floor with no neighbors on either side. But we have neighbors below us that have resorted to knocking on their ceiling whenever Coco whines. And this is after just a few minutes of it🙄.

I put her in her playpen to cook dinner last night and she immediately started to whine. 5 minutes later, the knocking begin. It's so frustrating because I can't properly train her with this type of scrutiny nor can I move. I have essentially been her prisoner for nearly 3 weeks, but I desperately need a plan for when no one is home for stretches. Can't afford a dog sitter. My previous Yorkies LOVED their playpens and considered it her safe place. Coco seems to think that being in either confined area is pure hell. And keeping her in her playpen at night is definitely not an option at this point since I will probably get evicted from all the complaints that will flood the rental office. I need a plan, STAT!!!
She was taken from her mom to soon so she is definitely more likely to have separation anxiety. Not letting her be able to cry it out is difficult. When you put her in the pen make sure she can see you. Maybe make a little gift basket for the neighbors below and take it to them an explain you have a new puppy and are trying to train her and that you are so sorry for the noise. They might deal with it a little better then.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!