View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #9
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I don’t think its a boy thing. My boys are very attached to me especially Joey but they will still go outside without me. One of the perks of having bigger pups is they can have a doggy door to go into the fenced in yard when they want. I generally know what everyone’s barks mean like you can tell if it’s for this or that but I generally always check if they bark. Yesterday a plastic bag blew and stuck to the fence and it was definitely coming to kill us lol.
As I have said, Gus is our biggest barker, and has something to say about EVERYTHING. similar to when my children were babies, when they cried I could tell from a room away what their different cries meant. With Gus, whether it is a response to a perceived threat (he would have lost his mind at the sight of a flapping plastic bag!), an alert that big brother Ty has taken his toy again, or the slightest rumble of incoming thunder, Gus will let you know. We are constantly working on "NO BARKING" to break him from the habit if it is not necessary, but letting him have the opportunity to bark during playtime, or for appropriate alerts without escalating it to crazy levels.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!