View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 04:56 AM   #20
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirleysjc View Post
I didn’t get my information from a YT member. I got it from a Cardiologist. I had never seen her before. She worked out of the only 24/7 Emergency Center, MedVet Emergency and Cancer Research Center. She’s the only Cardiologist in this Very Busy area, not that it was close! It took a week and a half to get an emergency appt.. I was referred to her by Bailey’s Vet., she was concerned because he was panting Really hard, she thought he had a heart murmur but she couldn’t be sure because she couldn’t hear! I had her do an ex ray and it did show that half his heart was enlarged. The Cardiologist had Nothing to gain from me. She actually told me she could suggest a good food for weight loss that also had a little something for bones, Bailey’s 12yrs. Old and does have a little Arthritis in his hind legs. She told me it was a Prescriptions Food and she had already talked to my Vet and she doesn’t carry it. She said she had a sample I could try to see if I thought it would work and that Bailey would like it. I may have to check around to find a Supplier but she could write the Prescription. I asked her how much $$$ she thought it would cost, she said probably $22-24. The food I’ve been feeding my Babies, was BilJac dry, small breed formula and it’s $22.99 for a 6lb., bag.
I could not believe, when I was Ready to leave she brought it out to show me, now I don’t know if this was the Sample she was talking about but she gave me a 9.5lb. Bag😊
She had also said if I choose something else to Stay away from the Grain Free Brands/formulas. She was a very concerned very qualified Cardiologist, FurBaby Doctor.
Bailey has a slight murmur but she said she doesn’t think it will ever advance. It was a good visit for the heart concern. IMO She didn’t want to see Bailey back or die from Heart Failure because I choose a Food that was Grain Free.
This is my first post so I’m sorry if my post was confusing. My intention wasn’t to tell anyone what Brand/formula of food for anyone to feed their Baby. Bailey needs to lose weight more quickly he also has a Collapsed Trachea. I ‘m terrified so I will take her advice! I don’t want him to have any future heart problems and he doesn’t need any extra pressure on his Trachea, she also referred me to an Oncologist because he has a mass in his chest above his heart!
We have seen the oncologist and it doesn’t appear to be Cancerous but it can’t afford $1,500 on a CS! To have it ruled out but we did Blood work that showed No Cancer anywhere else in his body! I would get the CS, no problem but I have spent $2,300 so far and will be back to the Oncologist in 2-weeks for another ex ray, #3, that will make sure it hasn’t grown. I’ve been on Disability for the past 19yrs. So savings wasn’t an option for me! The one thing he has for sure is Gall Bladder Disease, And two small Gall stones. He’s on a Compounded Medication $60 a month. I don’t care about the money. I just wish I had more right now! It’s just us.

So there it is. But, that’s not all. Bailey and I lost his momma Fergie(16). This past March. She passed away in her sleep. I thought she would live forever, never sick a day in her
Life. This is why I took him to the Vet in the first place. A well physical!
He probably gained the weight because he was mourning and I didn’t notice because I’m mourning too.

I probably should have waited to post my first post. I was just trying to be helpful.
Sorry
Your post was fine, don’t worry about it because it sounds like you have enough to worry about. I don’t know if you have heard about chewy.com but they sell prescription foods so if you can’t find anyone local who has it you can have them contact her for the prescription and they will ship it to you. I’m also so sorry for your loss it’s hard to lose a fur baby and you can’t really explain it to other fur babies. I hope things work out and go well.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!