View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 06:47 AM   #15
BlumoonYorkies
Yorkie Yakker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMia
I'm excited and really looking forward to it. I'm just praying that my little Monique turns out to be show quality.

In her pictures she looks very young. Most show breeders do not sell show quality until they are 8-10 months of age and sometimes older. This is after the bite has come in and you have a good idea about movement and topline as well as coat. Did you buy her as a show potential? I hope she turns out.
As I am sure your attached and want to show her. Who was your breeder that sold her to you and does she show as well? If she does and has finished/shown for many years you might have a good chance on her turning out well. In the past I have taken a chance on a younger one (purchseiing from a long time show breeder)and bought it. Because the breeder was not wanting to run it on, and I was willing to take the chance. But personally myself I do not sell show potential ever, I wait until they are older and sell show quality. As I do not want someone showing something I do not want in the ring. And selling it to young this can happen.
Your breeder once she is over 8 months of age should have a good idea if it is show or not if she has been showing and producing herself.
Good luck and enjoy your matches!
I still love puppy matches to this day!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!