View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 06:33 AM   #33
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

First of all, Taylor didn't start the thread. The OP asked if anyone had experience using CBD and asked if it was safe. I don't have experience, but did decide to share because I don't believe the safety of this use in domestic pets has been properly researched.

What the OP wants to use it for is not something I have seen claims about, but who knows ...someone, somewhere might swear it makes growths go away and/or shrink. The OP needs to consult with his/her vet.

Taylor mentioned an AKC study so I looked at their website and they clearly state the following:

Currently, there has been no formal study on how CBD affects dogs.

and....

While there’s no definitive scientific data on using CBD to treat dogs, there’s anecdotal evidence from dog owners suggesting it can treat pain, especially neuropathic pain, as well as helping to control seizures.

According to Dr. Klein, CBD is also used because of its anti-inflammatory properties, cardiac benefits, anti-nausea effects, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety impact, and for possible anti-cancer benefits, although there’s no conclusive data on this use.

-----

If Taylor wants to continue to take this personally, there isn't much more I can say. My reason for posting was to share my concerns .... that is ALL.

Right now it seems to be like the Wild Wild West in terms of who is selling this stuff and where they are selling it. As to the amount of THC in the oils, all I am saying is it is NOT REGULATED and there is always THC .. could be trace amount, could be more. I don't trust things like that. I believe it is a matter of time before something will happen and the FDA will be involved.

Anyway....will I use this for my pups? Again, I say NO. In my opinion, the jury is still out. I don't use myself or my pups as guinea pigs. If that comment offends anyone, just realize that when something isn't properly researched and you are going by anecdotal evidence, essentially you are a guinea pig.

Last edited by ladyjane; 05-02-2019 at 06:35 AM.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!