Thread: Ollie help
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 03:26 AM   #6
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
It’s not that I don’t accept him for who he is I just don’t know what is best for him. This is my first baby like him. At home he is full of personality but out of the house he shuts down. He is a bit better with his siblings. I don’t want to take everyone to the pet expos or events and leave just him at home by himself. I just wonder if he will get some what used to them? I usually rotate the pups with training classes and I guess it makes me feel bad if I don’t give him his turn. My original thought was is he lacks confidence and that he would get more by learning more like tricks or agility but I just don’t know if that’s true for him. I wouldn’t give him meds for training classes but I worry about when we have very large groups at our house like we did for my dads birthday or like we are about to for a family reunion.
You can train him at home.

As to people in the home for large gatherings, as long as he has his own spot to retreat to if he chooses, he should be fine.

I would not medicate a pup because he didn't like to be with large groups of people.

I have multiple pups and each has his/her own personality and likes/dislikes. My Kiche hates being around a lot of people so I rarely take him out. He is happy as a clam at home with his siblings and with me. When I have company, he usually retreats to my office.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!