Thread: Ollie help
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Every pup is different just like people are different. I would not force a pup to do something he obviously didn't enjoy; and, I definitely would not give him anxiety meds so he would comply with what I wanted for him.
My advice for what it's worth: accept him for the pup he is and enjoy him....and let him enjoy you!
It’s not that I don’t accept him for who he is I just don’t know what is best for him. This is my first baby like him. At home he is full of personality but out of the house he shuts down. He is a bit better with his siblings. I don’t want to take everyone to the pet expos or events and leave just him at home by himself. I just wonder if he will get some what used to them? I usually rotate the pups with training classes and I guess it makes me feel bad if I don’t give him his turn. My original thought was is he lacks confidence and that he would get more by learning more like tricks or agility but I just don’t know if that’s true for him. I wouldn’t give him meds for training classes but I worry about when we have very large groups at our house like we did for my dads birthday or like we are about to for a family reunion.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!