Thread: Ollie help
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Ollie help

So I’m hoping for encouragement and even opinions. I have never had a dog like Ollie. Callie, Joey and Penny are very out going they love people, going places and just seem like well adjusted dogs. Ollie is very opposite he shys away from people and if he thinks we are going somewhere or we get the harnesses out he hides. I have done three different types of training classes with him. I try to expose him to things and make things happy when we go places but his tail stays down and he will shake sometimes. When he is with his siblings at home he is better then when I take him out by himself but if people come over he stays right by me the whole time. He has gotten a little better since when we first got him but not massively. I didn’t get him until he was almost 6 months old and the breeder had not socialized him to anything and honestly I think the pups were kept in a basement or outside building. I just don’t know what to do with him. Do I keep pushing or let him be? I don’t want to have to give him anxiety medicine to be able to go to a training class or pet expo, I just want him to enjoy them like the others.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!