View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #8
danniko
YT Addict

I am so sorry you are going through this with Ella.

We were also given the heartbreaking diagnosis of a brain tumor in our previous little girl and it destroyed me.

Sophie's official diagnosis came early July of 2017 but the vet had been monitoring her symptoms for a few months prior but we ended up having to put her to sleep August 5th, 2017 after her little body couldn't handle it anymore. We weren't expecting to lose her so quickly and neither was our vet. She had just turned 8 years old and had been stable enough that we were told she could still have a year or two of life left in her.

I was a mess after we put her to sleep and ended up needing my aunt's dog to come and stay with us for a few days so I wasn't without a dog. If you can afford another dog and think you can provide them both with what they need (financially and emotionally), I would do it.

We waited 5 months for a yorkie to be available for adoption in our area and I was miserable but my heart was set on a yorkie and they aren't often available near me in shelters. I know now that I wouldn't have been able to have another dog right away permanently (my aunt's dog left after a few days) because my grief was overwhelming and I could barely take care of myself or our cats. However, you know yourself and if you honestly trust that this second dog will be a positive impact for you now, during and after Ella and you know that a second dog wouldn't add too much stress on Ella (or yourself) follow your heart and add this baby to your home.

Sending you lots of positive wishes.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!