View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

My husband and I have always opened our hearts almost immediately to a new baby when we have lost one of our beloved companions. In one case, we brought a new little one in at the end months of one of our older dogs. That little one, energetic as he was, spent the last days of our oldest dog's life cuddled by his side. Little brotherly spats aside, our older dog became visibly calmer when the young one would climb into his bed and snuggle!

Just like having more than one child, if Ella needs you, the new baby may get a little less playtime on a day or two. She will survive, and will still have your love to make her happy and secure.

As long as you are aware that you will still have to go through the steps of mourning and honoring your beloved Ella when that time comes (it is still incredibly hard to say goodbye no matter the size of your "pack"), you should be fine. Having that new little one's unconditional love should bring great comfort to you.

I hope that your prognosis with Ella lets you control her pain, and enjoy the final chapter of her life with you. I also hope that you follow your heart, and take a leap of faith to include the new baby in your family if it seems right for you!

Best wishes, and please let us know how things work out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!