View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
JaneandElla
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Ella has a brain tumor

Hello Yorkie Friends. I have not been active here at all. My own chronic pain/disability has kept me preoccupied but my beautiful Ella Fitzgerald has been by my side always for 10 years. Last week Ella had a couple of seizures, she stumbles. At the time she couldn't walk. We went to the vet, they believe, strongly, that she has a brain tumor. Ella is only 11. I thought I'd have her several more years. I cried for a week. Now I'm looking for information. I can't decide whether to go ahead with the MRI ($2,500-$3,700). My funds are limited but I will do what I have to to make sure she isn't in pain, which is my number one concern right now. I have her on seizure meds and no seizures for the past week. I am hesitant to put her on steroids as she does not seem to be in any discomfort. Ella is a yorkie placement dog, a surrender from a breeder because she could not be bred. I contacted her foster mom to tell her about Ella's condition and was shocked to hear this same breeder just surrendered a 1.5 year old yorkie girl, a quiet, shy one (just like my Ella). I was sent a photo and I'm in love and in agony. I have a week to decide. Would this help Ella? I'm afraid that between my disability and needs that Ella might have, it wouldn't be fair to either dog. My head says No, my heart says Yes. How long does Ella have? A month? Six months, a year? And as selfish as it sounds, I'm terrified of being without a dog to love. I was 9 days between my other dog and Ella and I thought I'd lose my mind. I'm feeling alone. I haven't left the house as I'm afraid Ella will need me. Any help would be greatly appreciated but please don't judge me too harshly as my family has, telling me I shouldn't consider having two dogs. Thank you in advance, Jane and Ella Fitzgerald
JaneandElla is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!