View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 11:21 AM   #11
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhgolf View Post
Our baby started on TOTW (Taste of the Wild) High Prairie and stayed on it for his first 3 - 4 years and he used to have MilkBone treats often. He then developed skin allergies and the Vet said for sure to take him off the MilkBones (which we did immediately) AND to switch to Nature's Recipe Vegetarian food. He has been on that for 2 years and while his skin condition at times looks a little better, it has not cleared up. He is almost 7 now. At times, he has been given medication(s), too. We have introduced TOTW Pacific Stream (salmon, primarily) at the recommendation of TOTW. We have been mixing it 50/50 with his vegetarian food - he loves it - but, his skin has not cleared up and his poop stinks (maybe the salmon?). We are considering TOTW Sierra Mountain (lamb, primarily) - also recommended by TOTW. We are confused and don't want to spend $1,000 + for allergy tests. Any ideas? Thanks!
I don't know much about skin allergies, but our boy developed had large black skin patches on his belly few months ago. We switched from lamb to hydrolyzed fish prescription food + a herbal medicine and after few days I started seeing a difference. Then switched him to chicken kibble and the progress stopped right away. Now, for the third time switched to fish kibble, but this time normal non-prescription kibble, and his spots started slowly fading again. Whatever it is - food allergy (rare, as pointed by others) or a metabolic problem, hydrolyzed food helped a lot with finding out the problem. Also his poop has a stinky smell on lamb and chicken, as well as during transition time from those to fish. Once it was fish 100% for 2-3 days the smell is gone as well as the poop quantity is less.
Here is the thread where I wrote about it:
https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/si...gal-staph.html
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!