Thread: New here 😊
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 04:56 PM   #27
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidibaby View Post
Where to start to answer everyone or update situation. Long story short as possible, she was using peepad since 3wks & is nearly 11wks now, reverting backwards from how she was using them Sun & Mon. Now waits till gets out of pen to go, so trying leave her in until she goes. I thought everyone said they had small bladders? How does she have holding power bc insists go outside on rug instead?

Other behaviors toward cat shocked me and was told she's wanting to be Alpha. Cat backed off as friend extremely confused (he was friends with my prior turtle and didn't make such perplexed faces). From other behaviors I described I was having with her, I evidently need to show her I'm Alpha and growl when gets out of line & visual, like pointing or arm movement.
Hoping things start to get back on track, beginning with Alpha issue. Really sucks bc breeder/vet & service dog trainer (starting basics soon)all knew I havent had a dog in many yrs bc last time, pup was going great then became a nightmare. Failed classes and I was told he felt prior cat was suddenly Alpha. I tried to re-establish - told deepen voice, walk hard but not growl... I didn't know that helped. Anyway I lost the battle and he went to live with stepsister family who begged me constantly for him and it worked out for great, no problems, no other pets & man in house.
Oh I'm shocked at young age of her the Alpha thing and don't understand why dogs want to 'walk on me' like I'm not Alpha??!!
You are absolutely wrong about the aplpha thing and it has been very much debunked. Dogs do not see humans as dogs so they can not see you as alpha at all. I would absolutely not be using a trainer that pushed the alpha thought process because it’s wrong and they certainly have not done enough training themselves if they do not know that. Trying to be the alpha is going to lead you down a bad path. Let her and the cat work it out because they will. There is no way she was potty trained at that age it was more of a luck thing.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!