View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 PM   #11
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
Ohh.. my Scottie had a similar skin issue. When we first got him as a puppy, he had these small little blisters. We were told they were puppy rashes and would go away as he grew up. Then the redness came back some time later. And it would develop into black scabs too. Our vet prescribed antibiotics, which she claimed would 'cure' it. She made him go on it for a long time in order to cure it. She said the reason some dogs have recurrences is because they weren't on the antibiotics long enough. So sure enough, we did as instructed. The scabs still came back. -_-...
Thank you for sharing.. Did you doctor do skin test to figure our what kind of infection it was before prescribing antibiotics? How long did Scottie have to take it?(( Thank goodness it went away and you don't have to give him any more meds!!

Seems like our boys have had a similar issue, but the difference is for us after the black spots appeared there was never scratching, licking, seems like no discomfort whatsoever, it must have been something in his food that had aggravated this.. I actually got a medical shampoo delivered yesterday, let's see if it will work to get the rest of the spots out of his skin
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!