View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 06:12 PM   #10
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Ohh.. my Scottie had a similar skin issue. When we first got him as a puppy, he had these small little blisters. We were told they were puppy rashes and would go away as he grew up. Then the redness came back some time later. And it would develop into black scabs too. Our vet prescribed antibiotics, which she claimed would 'cure' it. She made him go on it for a long time in order to cure it. She said the reason some dogs have recurrences is because they weren't on the antibiotics long enough. So sure enough, we did as instructed. The scabs still came back. -_-...

I read that it's possible that he needed more minerals and vitamins, so I had him on some powder mix for some time. It didn't really make much of a difference.

I found that if I was strict with him and not let him lick his belly, the redness and scabs wouldn't develop as much. His licking kind of irritated his skin. Some time ago, he got sick with diarrhea. When the vet saw him, I asked about his belly again... This time, he was given this medicated shampooo called "Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo". I think this was what finally relieved his skin condition. I used it to clean him once a week, and then once every two weeks. It seemed to work wonders. Mind you, his wasn't as bad as the photos you've shared. But anyway, that was Scottie's experience with this belly rash/scab issue. I still tell him to stop if I ever catch him licking himself though...
canana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!