View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
Mike_and_Me
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaysMommy View Post
She has some black patches appearing on her skin too - these were not there before. Maggie is 8 years old, well groomed, really an indoor dog aside from our walks (we live in a city), and never had skin issues while we have owned her (she was adopted at 4). I think i will look into a vet derma too...i just feel so bad for her, it looks very painful I will try to attach a pic...
I'm so sorry you and your girl are going through this.. I have an update and I hope it can be helpful. In the attached pictures you can see our huge progress in one month. The vet prescribed hypoallergenic food, herbal medicine (local brand), Dermoscent skin drops and Virbac Sebolytic shampoo. Out of those 4 we've been doing only first two, because the shampoo is not available anymore in our country and the drops are quite expensive. I decided to do 1 month diet + herbal and see if it will work, before loading his system with too much stuff. The herbal liquid medicine includes: turmeric, black cumin, evening primrose and VIT D3. I give it orally in the morning and apply topically on his abdomen everyday.

TBH I'm not thrilled that his hypoallergenic food contains virtually nothing other than hydrolized fish and rice, and he always seems hungry, but I'm glad the skin patches are fading away and the vet said once they disappear we will try switching to a normal puppy food, with a different main source of protein (his previous one was lamb).

Also, bless you for adopting your girl!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InShot_20181116_221024857.jpg (189.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg InShot_20181128_110514251.jpg (188.0 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Mike_and_Me; 11-28-2018 at 01:07 AM.
Mike_and_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!