View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Whew! Thought this was an aggressive, fast-growing mass as it appeared so suddenly & was long, tubular-shaped and unmovable as far as I could make out. Never been so scared as while I was waiting for them to read the sonogram and then when the doctor came in and repeated the sonogram, he asked me if I had some type of 'device' in my breast or chest. I told him I'd had an ILR placed in the upper left chest wall by a cardiac surgeon in 2016 after a mild stroke to check if PVC's could be the cause for the stroke.

Turns out the darn thing had migrated from the initial upper left chest wall site downward into the outer left breast tissue and THAT'S what I 'found', palpated during last night's shower! I never missed its moving as I'd grown so used to it I never noticed when it moved. I must have turned beet red from embarrassment, as well as suddenly gone weak with relief, as I just heaved a huge sign and dropped my head. Doctor burst out laughing, said not to feel silly, he was just grateful it wasn't a mass! Me, too!!!!!!

Said this wasn't the only time he's seen doing this and done sonos under the exact same circumstances. Radiologist said probably need my breast surgeon to decide if it needs to be moved from the outer edge of the breast tissue.

Sorry for the false alarm but last night and this morning I was scared stiff to suddenly have this hard lump suddenly appear in my left breast, couldn't help but think the worst. Thankfully, it's just an insertable loop recorder device gone south! Thanks, you wonderful YT'ers for the prayers and concerns.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!