Thread: Breeding yorkie
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #10
maxdog
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
I believe I could breed larger Yorkies not as show dogs but more for companionship hopefully sell them for a good price to put money down on a nice acreage where I can have more room to breed more dogs
So you are doing it for the money. At least it was an honest answer. An now you will get honesty from my side. You have come to the wrong place looking for support in your financial endeavor. The people on this site do not look at those puppies as financial investments or "nice acreage". These are our babies and we love them and care for them. What they bring to our lives is not measured in acres or dollars. They fill our hearts with a joy that no material object will ever be able to.

You wanted advice and you have been given the best advice there is. You may not want to listen to this advice because it will not bring you the financial rewards you are seeking. But think about where you asked for this advice. No offense meant but we don't give a rat's rear end about your acreage. This advice is in the absolute best interest of the yorkies. It is given by extremely knowledgeable people who have seen the cruel effects of what you want to do. It is advice not given to hurt you but given to help the poor yorkies you want to benefit from. They are not machines to be used and tossed to the side. They are sentient beings who feel happiness, pain, loneliness, jealousy and the whole gamut of emotions.

I hope you listen to the people here. They are not saying do not breed. They are saying to please do this in a responsible and humane manner. A male twice the size of the female is just plain cruel. There are many threads on this site that discuss breeding and give excellent advice. Find a mentor. Know what to expect during the whelping process.

I hope you do the right thing for the dogs' sake.

Last edited by maxdog; 08-13-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!