View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
dottiesyrky
Donating YT Addict

Default Tiny Yorkie with GI etc issues

Hello.
I am writing as I am very concerned for a friend’s four pound six year old tiny Yorkie. I believe I did write some weeks ago when the first problem arose, but I was told the dog was better. It is complicated by the fact that the dog is owned by a couple, one of whom lives here and the other in Mexico for part of the time. They are in their forties, and not without funds!
At first the guy who lives here had the dog and the dog, a she, came to the park where neighbors meet, and could not poop. The poor baby kept trying to go to no avail, but seemed lively and ok in other ways. After a vet visit here, the dog was given antibiotics and after a while the owner guy told me the dog was fine. He also said that the dog was peeing a lot in the house. The dog then was taken to his girlfriend in Mexico and I lost touch with the dog’s health situation. A few weeks later the guy told me the dog was in surgery in Mexico for bladder stones and was doing well. Today the couple were both here with the dog as the girlfriend had been to N. California with the dog and dropped by here on the way back to Mexico. The girlfriend said the dog was not well and had been at the vet for two days in N Ca for observation etc. She said the vet had done X rays and ultrasound. The current situation is the dog tries to poop and only a few rabbit pellets or very loose stoool came out and she strains to evacuate. The vet told the girl owner that the dog’s intestines were irritated, but no answer for the long standing problem with pooping difficulty.
I assumed that anal gland issues had been investigated long before. It seems to me that there was some kind of GI obstruction as it has gone on for so long and that now the intestines were inflamed as well.
The dog had been seen by a vet in .san Diego this afternoon. ( on the way to Mexico I imagine!). I suggested they give their vet a history and demand a thorough exam and tests to get a definitive answer. This has gone on too long and I fear for the dog’s life.
I am sorry for this long saga, but I wonder if any of you with lots of doggie illness experience might have any ideas of what might be wrong with this poor long suffering mite! I feel the owners are not getting the answers for whatever reason, and I wish I could give them some suggestions as to what might be the trouble, as their vets do not seem to know.
Thank you so much.
dottiesyrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!