Thread: We have a skunk
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
Can you block the garage shed opening with cinder blocks or pavers. You have to block off the entrance even if that means doing the entire shed. This has to be just before dark to make sure you are not trapping it in, skunks comes out just before it gets dark.

What you do not want is for one of your pups to get sprayed. One of my girls got sprayed in the face while on a camping trip, the smell took my breathe away. Even with tomatoes juice bath the smell was not as strong but more bearable, next day off to a groomer, she came back with no stinky but the hair around her eyes still had a strong smell when you got close to her face, until that hair grew and could be cut off. She was called stinky pee-yew for months lol.

If someone in your family has a bird feeder out, bird seed attracts skunks.
When we lived in New York, we had a skunk let loose right under our air conditioning unit, and it permeated the house! OMG!!! You may want to look into finding a professional to have that skunk removed.

We also had a big Australian Shepard/Lab mix who got sprayed during the early evening. We did not have any tomato juice in the house, but did have a gallon jug of white vinegar. We carefully poured the vinegar down his back, and combed it through his coat, then rinsed, rinsed, rinsed. It took the smell out completely, and did not bother his skin or coat.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!