View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 AM   #10
nanajoy
YT 500 Club Member

I know, just from reading your posts, that you will have the love and patience to make this little one prosper. As everyone has said, she will need time to learn how to acclimate. I have never had a rescue, but our little poodle Beauregarde had been returned to his seller four times (unknown to us) because of patella problems. `We took him to our vet on day two, and he declared him "unfit for sale". He weighed less than two pounds, but when his papers came, we found out that he was 7 months old.
We fell in love with him on sight, and decided to negotiate an extended health insurance agreement and keep him with us. He was wild and high energy for quite awhile, but luckily was a very friendly and happy little fellow. He did not, however, seem to recognize that this was his HOME. With time, he settled in, and became deeply bonded.

Flash forward 11.5 years...he is a crotchety old man who rules the roost over his two young yorkie brothers. He is a lovable little curmudgeon who craves being cuddled by either of us, but when my husband leans in to kiss or give me a hug, Beau lets out a series of quick barks. When friends come to visit I cannot have them hug hello or goodbye if I am holding him since he will give them a growl under his breath. After all of these years, this is the one "habit" that we have not been able to break.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!