View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpal View Post
So wonderful of you to bring this precious, lost baby girl into your family...You are obviously loving, caring, compassionate and generous. For now, just keep loving her and continue to be patient--very patient--as it may take time. I totally agree with everything Matese suggests (always, actually) and avoiding going near your husband while she's bonding is excellent advice. We all come with baggage; your little girl has been through some terrible hardship and needs for you to understand that even though you don't know what 'that' is...Already she is trusting you and your wonderful husband to figure out what she cannot. She needs to believe what I told Piper time and time again after bringing her home..."You are home now and we will be together always. I will keep you safe. You have a voice in our home, a say in your life. I love you and will always love you and there is nothing, nothing you can do that will ever change that..."
Cody is my first rescue, all my other yorkies I raised from 8 week old pups, they knew me inside out, Cody does not even tho we are a team for 4 years now. There are times I will play a new way with him, like momma's gonna get your tail. Well the other day I say momma's gonna get your nose and I grab for his nose, he jerks back and has a look of horror, fright, I scared the poor thing, so I scoop him up, hold him close to my chest and tell him something like I have high lighted. Just trying to say, as a rescue, 4 years down the road, he is still learning who I am.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!