View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 05:33 AM   #1
Shicks
YT 500 Club Member

Default Please help soon

Hello Yorkie pawrents. Ok so here I go. My husband is retired. We have had little Ruger for 3 years. Such a well behaved super sweet perfect little boy.
I’m the one that do all the out of home errands and go to exercise classes. I’m not gone very long.
So 4 days ago we were given a stray female Yorkie. She was found at a farm. The couple that surrendered her to us really think she was lost for a couple of weeks. So that means through lots of thunderstorms & 4th of July. She is terribly skinny was infected with fleas & tics, matted so bad the first people took her to groomers had hair shaved to skin, treated her for flea & ticks.
So now we are up to the point we took her. My heart has been in my stomach. She shivers, cowers to the floor when picked up. Took her to my Vet 2nd day we had her. Checked out very well. By law the Vet gave rabies shot, liquid antibiotics for skin infection.
She instantly took to my husband. She sits on him constantly, follows him everywhere, cries if she can’t find him. She’s very sweet with just me.
So NOW when she is on my husband and I get near she is snapping at me. I’m so sad. We tell her “no” in a firm tone but don’t scream at her. I have to make this work I have been wanting another Yorkie ever since we got Ruger.
Also, we play toys with Ruger a lot and she doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. She won’t play, just wants to sleep on my husband. She’s eating really well.
What to do...
Also not spayed and no chip. It makes me so so sad and I want to cry
Please advise. I’ve never had 2 dogs together until now.
Ruger, for, now is keeping his distance.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!