View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 02:48 AM   #29
handit
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I apologize for bump..just my two cents.
My thoughts would be don't bother with a posh bed. The problem with dog beds is that however "nice" they are, they get smelly over time, so you either need something that can be washed (the whole thing, not just a cover, if it's not waterproof - the filling retains the smell as well), or you have to resign yourself to replacing the bed frequently.

I have a fab bed for my dog (who is a chewer, and also a mud-monster) which is made from tough, waterproof rucksack fabric. It is great, because the foam inner is protected from the smell by the waterproof fabric, so I just change between two outer covers for washing, and her bed smells acceptable to humans! It's the lowest maintenance and longest-lasting bed I've ever found. FWIW, I found memory foam a disaster for smelliness, and even the polystyrene beans in an old beanbag that my mad greyhound adored got really smelly.

Rather than spending all that money on a bed, I would put the money in a pot (assuming that you just want to spend it on your dog, and that is your priority for it) - and buy an occasional new toy/training treat/bone, or even buy a year's membership of somewhere you like to take her - I think it would be more fun, and more appreciated by you both

__________________________________________________ ______
Life decreases in direct proportion to the force of desire.
handit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!