View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
FlyingNimbus
YT 500 Club Member

Default Possible feeding mistakes...

Okay, so my dog was/is originally feeding on wellness simple salmon dry formula. But the little critter doesn't like to eat it. So i have to add freshpet chicken loaf bits to her food.

Originally when on welllness alone, sometimes she'd eat a mouthfull and not eat the rest. She's quite the stubborn one. I had added some chicken liver bits to increase the taste because even with freshpet she sometimes didn't want to eat.

I had also had added a litteral handfull of brocolli to help with her pooping because when she only ate kibble she would only poop once a day if even, and for her size the poops were tiny tiny and quite dry.

But now with my concoction she poops 3x daily. I sometimes take a siesta later morning as I sort of need it. I have her in my room half of the times because my cousin who I believe to be some kind of sadistic person likes to harass the dogs. He is 12, nearing 13. Soo...I just avoid him.

But this whole ordeal has been causing me some of my sanity because usually I have her on a schedule of her going potty at 7am, then again at either 12 or 1pm. Then again at 3 or 4 pm, then again at 9pm or 10pm. Sometimes if she hasnt done it then I take her out again at 11pm to make 100%sure.

I do it because it works best for me and my dog. I require a lot of sleep soo...

Anywho I wake up from my siesta today and notice my dog didnt even wait for me to take her potty. She went on my carpeted room with loose stools. Even though I had made sure she had done her business well at 7am. She had pooped and peed at 7am. Now she pooped again(around 12).

She pooped in my room yesterday too. It's getting seriously unfunny now. Is it a) possible to litterbox train her using a large covered litterbox, without the litter(as she tends to kick dirt when she does it)?

Maybe just training pads in said litterbox? I want to have peace of mind that she can do stuff without it affecting me...

Yesterday I had slept 30 minutes longer in my siesta and I realized in my half sleepy state that maggie was pawing at my bed. However today she did not even warn me.

If you want measurements of veggies I gave, I used about a dry cup.

P.s. I want to get to the point she will eat, and poop normally. At tops maybe 2 daily poop is okay imho. Her poop was wet too. So I figure to not give her greens for a while. Today my science diet wetfood comes in. I am going to do 25% wet, 75% dry

Last edited by FlyingNimbus; 06-20-2018 at 10:07 AM.
FlyingNimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!