View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
KatysMom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneysmommmy View Post
...my neighbors dog, a white German Shepherd, ran into our yard and attacked Barney while he was going pee....[Barney] will only go in the grass and our neighbors are still allowing their dog to run off leash. We are going back to the vet this afternoon. It appears his hind leg is broken.
Hi barneysmommy,

I'm heartbroken to learn that you and Barney are going through this trauma and hope the return visit to the vet brings you some comfort. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have not had an experience like this with a yorkie, but earlier thread on YorkieTalk has posts by members whose pups have so suffered. See "Broken Leg?" started by milomlo. Milomlo was given the option of surgery or casting--went with casting. As long as I was able to follow the op on that thread, seems her little one faired well without surgery.

There are other threads, but see also post by Schmidtey, "Broken leg may need metal plate ...." from 2015. Schmidtey opted for what was a very tricky surgery. The last I was able to follow the pups progress, was doing well.
KatysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!